- Pressure Sewer Systems
- EZstrip™ Family
- PC Pumps
- Rotary Lobe Pumps
- Solar Products
- Artificial Lift
- Packaged Systems
- Installation & Service
- Aftermarket Parts
- Mono Universal Parts
- AODD Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Community Development Solutions
- EZstrip™ Family
Water Pumping Solutions
Solar powered water pumping solutions can reduce or eliminate the significant amounts of time and effort spent collecting water, often across vast distances.
Mono Energy solar powered water pumps can deliver water from a variety of water sources, both new and existing.
Water can be piped to the village centre for greater convenience. Water is typically distributed at one or more tapstands, which can include water storage tanks to allow water to be available even when the sun is not shining.
To discuss how the expert Mono Energy team can help you implement sustainable infrastructure solutions, please click here.
Features & Benefits
The ready supply of water can transform the health, wellbeing and capacity of developing communities. The benefits of solar powered water pumping solutions from Mono Energy include:
- Solar water pumping systems can supply communities reliable access to water
- The availability of clean water for drinking and cooking dramatically reduces the incidence of water borne disease
- Tank storage options enable access to water 24 hours a day.
- Reduced water loss due to use of modern piping, storage and tap stands
- Solar powered water pumping systems can eliminate the need for fossil-fuel powered pumps reducing CO2 emissions
- Reliable power supply
- Minimum maintenance required
- Reduced or eliminated expenditure on fossil fuel powered pumps
- Developing communities are less exposed to and impacted by fluctuations in global fuel prices and reductions in fuel subsidies
- Woman and children who often traditionally collect water by hand have the time to attend school or participate in income generation activities
Mono Energy’s packaged water pumping solutions come with pumps, solar modules, control electronics, wiring and accessories to enhance the suitability of solution. The water pumps can be surface-mounted, floating or submersible, and can be connected to existing or to new water sources created during installation.
- Systems are powered by solar photovoltaic modules, with the number of the modules dependent on the specific site requirements
- The solar modules have no moving parts, require virtually no maintenance and typically come with a 25-year power output warranty
- The small controller box is typically mounted on the same pole as the solar modules
- The controller’s in-built maximum power point tracker (MPPT) maximises the power provided by the solar array in all weather conditions
- Mono Energy offers two main pump options, the Sun-Ray (a surface-mounted or floating pump) or the Sun-Sub (a submersible pump)
- The motors in the pumps come in a range of sizes depending on the application and volume of water required
- Pumped water can either be collected at the water source or be piped into the centre of the village for more convenient access
- Distribution piping can be included as part of the packaged solution for each pumping site
Click on the below video to see how Mono Energy's solar powered pumping solutions can provide developing communities with a ready supply of clean drinking water.
Water pumping with music.flv
Sorry, flash is not available.
|Amguo, Philippines Case Study|
|COOPI North Uganda Case Study|
|Nepal Case Study|
|Sekenani Primary School, Kenya case study|
|Sesemi Museum Case Study|
|St Francis Hospital, Uganda Case Study|
|WaterAid Tanzania Case Study|