- Pressure Sewer Systems
- EZstrip™ Family
- PC Pumps
- Rotary Lobe Pumps
- Solar Products
- Artificial Lift
- Packaged Systems
- Installation & Service
- Aftermarket Parts
- Mono Universal Parts
- AODD Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Community Development Solutions
- EZstrip™ Family
Solar Home Solutions
With reliable access to modern energy in their homes, families can use lights for doing homework and income generating activities after dark.
Extending electricity grids to remote communities can be logistically difficult and economically prohibitive. Solar home systems are a cost-effective alternative which puts the power and ownership in the hands of families.
To discuss how the expert Mono Energy team can help you implement sustainable infrastructure solutions such as these, please click here.
Features & Benefits
Mono Energy’s solar home solutions are a cost effective solution for providing remote developing communities with access to modern energy services. Features and benefits of the solutions include:
- More affordable choice for governments seeking to increase rural and remote access to modern energy compared to costly and difficult grid extensions
- More affordable and sustainable long term option for villagers, compared to relying solely on fossil fuel-powered generators
- Developing communities are less exposed to and impacted by fluctuations in global fuel prices and reduction in fuel subsidies
- Reliable power for income generating activities
- Scalable as community needs grow
- Solar powered health energy solutions can be completely powered by solar modules which use the sun’s rays to create electricity
- Mono Energy’s health energy solutions can also be designed as hybrid systems which include wind power and/or diesel generators
- Local air quality is improved
- Community impact on global climate change is reduced
- Eliminates use of fossil fuel
- With access to solar electricity in their homes, families don’t need to rely on burning biomass for cooking which is the main source of indoor air pollution
- Electric lights are a safer option in the home than the use of candles and kerosene lamps which put all family members at risk of being burnt
Mono Energy’s packaged solar home solutions come with solar modules, control electronics, wiring and batteries to ensure power availability when the sun is not shining.
Mono Energy’s solar home energy solutions include the following components:
- Systems are powered by solar photovoltaic modules.
- The solar modules have no moving parts, require virtually no maintenance and typically come with a 25-year power output warranty.
- A bank of batteries allows the energy created by the solar modules to be stored and used when the sun is not shining so that life – and income generation – does not need to stop when the sun goes down.
- Mono Energy typically uses batteries, which are stable, durable, reliable and require a minimal amount of maintenance.
- An inverter is an optional component which can be included if it is determined that the direct current (DC) solar energy needs to be converted to alternating current (AC) energy for use by certain appliances.
- The controller automatically regulates and manages overall system operation.